Thursday, July 6, 2017

Time for an update

While I find it believe March was the last time I wrote on this blog, I kinda can as well. I posted the name change right after leaving Digital First Media and my role as senior editor over the Philadelphia cluster of newspapers. And then...wham! It's been a crazy few months and I don't see it letting up any time soon. I've had a small consulting firm chugging along for the past four years and then I landed a very special client. The Elmwood Park Zoo in Norristown is becoming a premier destination for all of southeastern Pennsylvania, and I couldn't be more excited to be working with the talented staff in helping spread the word about all the great things going on there and all about the great things to come! Most recently was the "Beast of a Feat," the zoo's annual fundraiser, and coming up on August 4 is the annual Wine Safari. Big picture... the $5 million Trail of the Jaguar opened in May, and there are plans on the books for several more huge exhibits. My biggest challenge right now is getting all of the paperwork for a new parking lot pushed through the various governmental bodies that want to have a hand in making sure we know what we're doing. Once the new parking lot is in place, we're going to be drawing in thousands more visitors than we did just last year, when attendance reached more than a half million. So things are going great here. If you want to stop by for a visit just shoot me an email at cuttingboardco@gmail.com. Thanks for watching!

No comments: