Monday, July 8, 2013

Mike Turzai needs to hear from you

I decided, after all of the emails, online comments and telephone calls, that I should follow up last week's column on property tax reform with another installment. I've been harping about property tax reform for several years now, but I really believe this is the time for We The People to stand up and be heard. It is unfathomable to me that we cannot get House Bill 76 out of committee and onto the floor for a vote. I've heard from people all over the state, and one of the most disturbing comments came from western PA and Mike Turzai's district. He's apparently made in clear that a vote won't happen because he doesn't want it to happen. Turzai is the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, and can apparently decide whether a bill should come up for a vote, regardless of what a majority of the population wants. Here's Mike's website. Call him and tell him what you think about that.

No comments: