Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New site not the same as the old site

It might look like it, but trust me, it's a heck of a lot better than it was.
Thank you very much for your patience. I know I've had to say that several times during the past year when it comes to our ever-evolving Web site, but we're getting closer to a site that is going to be fun for all.
The search option that everyone has been asking about is back, well, almost. We're in the process of bringing all of the stories posted from the past year over to the new site. We've also brought back one of my personal favorites, the online poll. You can also comment on a story, which I think provides critical feedback and encourages public discourse. Do me a favor. Take a quick look around the site and come back here and let me know what you think. Go ahead, I can wait. Thanks, I do appreciate the feedback. It's the best way to make the site better.

4 comments:

Lisa Mossie said...

Stan, The new site is a vast improvement over the old one. It loads quickly, provides functionality that was sorely missing before (comments and search engine) plus it's good to see the poll back (even if one of the choices for answers should have been "Supply and Demand")

tlees2 said...

Stan,

I'm glad there's a search engine. I won't be able to find my old letters because you don't put letters to the editor on your web site. Maybe you should consider doing that.

Anonymous said...

I went to your paper's website and tried to search for the new code enforcement ordinances that recently were approved and a clarification by the municipal administrator, but couldn't find it. So, what's the problem?

Anonymous said...

Stan,

One thing that always bothered me about the site was that you had to type in www.timesherald.com.

No-one ever uses the www anymore, yet timesherald.com doesn't load the site. Try typing something like google.com or cbs.com and you'll see what I mean.

Just an observation.