Monday, May 18, 2015

A rant that bears repeating - Vote!

I often feel like I’m preaching to the choir when I write this column, but just like the coverage we provide for the elections, which seems to attract fewer and fewer voters, especially in off-year elections, I feel like it is my civic duty to encourage folks to get to the polls. This year is an off-off year and will only see an extremely small percentage of the voters who come out during a presidential election. And since I’m a betting man of sorts, I’ve got a cup of coffee for anyone who thinks turnout will be above 25 percent in the county. Any takers? I didn’t think so. And it’s such a shame. It really is. We’re about to elect folks responsible for setting our property taxes. We’re about to elected judges who will decide the fate of our fellow man.

No comments: